Our Courses for 2017 & 2018
Do you want to learn to paint in France? Our one-week watercolour painting holiday courses based in the Languedoc (Occitanie) in the south of France are for a maximum group of 10 painters and non-painters.
Courses for 2017
Week 1: 20th – 27th May 2017 (fully booked)
Week 2: 20th – 17th June 2017 (fully booked)
Week 3: 9th – 16th September 2017 (places available)
Week 4: 23rd – 30th September 2017 (places available)
Courses for 2018
Week 1: 26th May – 2nd June 2018 (places available)
Week 2: 9th June – 16th June 2018 (places available)
All courses includes the following: Transport to and from Beziers train station or airport | Champagne reception | 7 nights accommodation | 7 continental breakfasts – at your accommodation in Pouzolles | 5 lunches – a mixture of restaurant meals and catered picnics including wine and soft drinks | 7 dinners – a mixture of restaurant meals and catered dinners, one at a local wine domain including wine and soft drinks | All tuition for 5 days | All materials
The course does not include the following: Flights to and from France | Transfers from anywhere apart from Béziers | Excursions and lunch on the free day
A Typical Day
- After breakfast each morning, we’ll set off to our nearby painting location.
- Simon will help you set up, suggesting the best composition and techniques for that particular scene, often with a quick demonstration.
- Chairs, easels and boards plus all materials are supplied but feel free to bring your favourite brushes and paints.
- We’ll paint till around 12.30pm when we break for lunch
- In the afternoon, we’ll return to Pouzolles where you’ll be able to continue painting in the studio, in the garden or in the village, or simply relax back at your guest house.
- On some afternoons, you will also have the chance to join the non-painters on an excursion.
- Dinner will be served at a nearby restaurant, local wine domain or catered at a venue in Pouzolles.
Example painting days
All days are subject to change at the discretion of the organisers.