A typical 8 day painting holiday
Our 8 day painting holiday is perfect for someone who wants to really improve their painting skills. As well as getting to know this area of France through the many painting locations on offer. With direct links from the UK to Béziers airport or frequent train links from Paris to Béziers train station where we will be there to meet you it’s really easy to get to us. There are also a number of other airport within 2 hrs of us with train links to Béziers.
- When you arrive at Beziers airport or station, we’ll be there to meet you and, depending on your arrival time, either have lunch or take you directly to your accommodation.
- After time to settle in at your accommodation, we’ll meet you for a welcome drink and run through the weekend’s activities before taking you out for dinner at a local restaurant.
- As it’s your first morning I’ll meet you for breakfast after which you’ll be taken to a typically French scene – an old stone watermill and bridge which we’ll spend the morning painting.
- Lunch is just around the corner at the local village café-restaurant.
- The afternoon will be spent painting the scene from the café before returning to your accommodation to relax.
- That evening we’ll visit a local restaurant for dinner.
- After breakfast, we’ll head to the ancient Mediterranean port of Marseillan where we’ll spend the morning sketching and painting.
- Lunch will be at a quai-side restaurant and then we’ll return to painting around the harbour for the afternoon.
- After the day’s painting we will return to you to your accommodation to relax before coming to dinner at our house served in our courtyard garden.
- After breakfast we’ll meet at your accommodation and take a short trip to today’s painting venue of Villeneuvette, an old walled village.
- I’ll help everyone set up in the picturesque square where we’ll paint for the morning. Lunch will be a chic picnic laid out under the plain trees just outside the village walls.
- After lunch we’ll either return to the painting venue or continue painting back at our studio in Pouzolles.
- Back to your accommodation to freshen up before dinner at a local restaurant.
- Today is a free day. After a more leisurely, breakfast we can either drop you off in Pézenas or Béziers, or we can book you a spa session and treatment at the local chateau or, of course, you’re welcome to just relax in our village.
- We will pick you up later in the afternoon and take you back to your accommodation.
- In the evening I’ll pick you up for dinner at a local restaurant.
- This morning after breakfast we’ll drive to the picturesque river-side location of Roquebrun where we’ll paint all day.
- Lunch will be on the shady terrace of a restaurant in the village overlooking the river.
- Later in the afternoon, we’ll make our way back to the accommodation for a rest before dinner in a local restaurant.
- After breakfast we’ll take a short drive to a picturesque old hilltop windmill with views all the way to the Pyrenees for today’s painting venue.
The morning’s painting will be followed by a picnic lunch.
- During the afternoon we’ll continue painting at the venue or back at our studio in Pouzolles.
- After a break we’ll get together for our farewell dinner back at our house.
- We’ll meet you at your accommodation after breakfast and take you back to either Béziers airport or station for your departure.
- please note that this is a sample 8 day holiday, the locations may change, because all our holidays are unique. Final planning depends on the size of the group, age of our participants, if they have been here before and factors such as weather.
- For easy flights direct to Béziers check out ryanair.com.
- There are also regular direct trains from Paris Gare de Lyon to Béziers train station. Booking site in English.