Pouzolles is a tranquil wine growers village in the south of France about half and hour from Béziers, 40 minutes from the Med and 1.5 hrs from Spain. It benefits from an excellent transport network which makes it easy to get to from within Europe, the UK and abroad by plane, train or by car.
Below is a list of large international airports from closest to furthest from Pouzolles:
- Barcelona, Spain – 3.5 hrs by car as well as direct trains or bus service to Béziers
- Nice – 4hrs by car as well as train links to Béziers
- Paris – 7.5 hrs by car as well as high speed TGV from central Paris or air links to Béziers or Montpellier
Below is a list of smaller international airports with flights within Europe and from the UK
- Béziers – 1/2hr by car, transport from this airport is included in the cost of your holiday
- Montpellier – 1hr by car, shuttle buses to Montepllier station with regular links to Béziers by train
- Perpignan – 1.5hrs by car, shuttle buses to Perpignan station with regular links to Béziers by train
- Nimes – 1.5hrs by car, shuttle buses to Nimes station with regular links to Béziers by train
- Toulouse – 2hrs by car with shuttle buses to Toulouse station with regular links to Béziers by train
- Girona – 2hrs by car or with a local bus service to Girona bus station next to the train station, there are regular link to Béziers by train
You can also get to or connect to this region by train. France has an excellent high speed train network which connect all the major cities within France and Europe. Below is a list of the closest train stations to Pouzolles:
- Béziers – half hour from Pouzolles. Pick up from this destination is included in the price of your holiday
- Montpellier – 40 min with regular connections with Béziers
These websites provide booking information and allow you to book tickets in advance for trains within France or from other European destinations.
If you would prefer a bit of a road trip on your way to the Languedoc from Paris or Barcelona, Pouzolles is easy to get to via numerous motorway routes from the North or from Spain. French motor ways are well maintained with regular stops (Aires) to stretch your legs. The speed limit is generally 130km an hour but this can change depending on conditions.
From Barcelona – Motorway all the way from the airport, just follow the motorway signs to Francia on to the A9 in France.
- Route 1 – East via Lyon, this route is busy, especially in July and August, as hoards of Parisians head south east to the Côte d’Azur. It does, however, allow you to stop in beautiful Lyon – with its superb restaurants.
- Route 2 – Central, this is the recommended route via the A75 motorway. It takes you into Languedoc across the stunning Millau Viaduct, designed by Norman Foster and the tallest in the world.
- Route 3 – West via Limoges and Toulouse is a better route if you have come via ferry from Le Havre, Caen or St Malo
Here are some useful links: